[Yaesu] FT-1000D Locks up 3.0 to 4.5 Mhz

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: [Yaesu] FT-1000D Locks up 3.0 to 4.5 Mhz
From: Mike Gusky <k5ux@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 2009 11:50:13 -0600
Need some direction on where to start looking.  The rig locks up when
it's anywhere between 3.0 to 4.5 Mhz.
When it does this, the only way out appears to be a hard reset, which
puts the receiver on 7.0 Mhz and everything
works fine until I tune down to 4.5 Mhz. or start below 3.0 Mhz and
tune up to that frequency.  When this occurs, I can see
the frequency in the display and hear a relay continuously cycling.
Everything works as it should on any of the other
bands.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

73,
Mike