Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT1000MP Noise Blanker and Intermod

To: <kq2m@earthlink.net>, <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT1000MP Noise Blanker and Intermod
From: Larry K4AB <k4ab@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 12:46:58 -1000
Bob

The NB in the 1000MP series lacks a lot to be desired, to say
the least.  It is one of the weakest aspects of that radio, in my opinion.

Have you played with the NB menu settings?  Sometimes using a
"lower" level of blanking will reduce somewhat the IMD.

At a previous QTH, I used an external noise cancelling device
(MFJ-1026, I believe).  It helped a lot, but retuning the danged
thing during a contest was very cumbersome.

Unfortunately, the BEST solution is not the EASIEST.  That is, trying
to find the noise source and eliminating it.  I hope your local utility
company is as easy and cooperative to work with as is our local
public company.

GL OM!

73,
Larry K4AB