Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT767GX Dead

To: Arnie Adelman <arnie.adelman@infosec-consultant.com>, "Ronald Stuy" <pa3ewp@zonnet.nl>,<yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] Yaesu FT767GX Dead
From: Peter Sundberg <sm2cew@telia.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:58:34 +0000
Sounds like the internal PSU is dead. Probably a couple of capacitors in
the switch mode powersupply have gone bad, this is a common fault. Try
running the rig on an external 12 VDC to verify that it is ok.

Same thing happended to me with my FT-736R. After running it on an external
supply for a while I found a nice 12 volt module that fitted inside the
rig, replacing the original switch mode PSU.

Hope this helps.

73
Peter SM2CEW