Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D vacum tube display

To: yaesu@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [Yaesu] FT-1000D vacum tube display
From: Gabriele IV3IFN <iv3ifn@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 15:38:21 +0100
Hi,
I'm too interested about this matter, I have a 1000D kept for most of its
life in 'DIM' position, but one day the display suddenly had lost its usual
dim brightness, so from then I switched to the normal position which anyway
gives me a confortable vision.
However I feel like the display its dimmer than before, and scared about
thinking it could get worse...
Maybe is not the display to blame but some other component which has 'gone'?

Happy to read something about this, vy 73s to you all!

Gabriele IV3IFN