[Yaesu] fan noise

To: <yaesu@contesting.com>
Subject: [Yaesu] fan noise
From: "Gary Thostenson" <badgers9146@centurytel.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:18:59 -0500
Hi Again:  To all you VL-1000 Quada owners.  I'm thinking about purchasing one
and I've read the Eham reviews. A lot of them state that the fan noise is
really loud and irritating. Do any of you have that problem and is there a way
to reduce the fan noise somehow?  Eham reviews also stated that antenna 1 is
the only feed through with the amp off but the power supply must be turned on.
Is this true? Why the MR-1000 mounting rack discontinued?  What this due to
heat build up? Anybody got one?  Thanks is advance for all the answers.  Gary
W9VS