NAQP, WA8YRS

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NAQP, WA8YRS
From: don.russell@ecrknox.com (don.russell@ecrknox.com)
Date: Tue, 23 Jan 1996 17:41:10 -0500
                          NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: WA8YRS                                         Location: OH

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 100W
     Callsign of Operator: WA8YRS

     Exchanged Information:  DON OH

     Hours of Operation: 09:07

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     ----------------------------------
     160         11        11        8
      75        104       104       32
      40        145       145       40
      20         72        72       25
      15         51        51       14
      10          2         2        2
     ---------------------------------D
     TOTAL      385       385      121      SCORE: 46,585

     Comments:Spent part of friday afternoon putting in 20 radials for my
              160mtr sloper.  Didn't realize until Saturday evening that this
              project raised the resonate frequency of my 80mtr dipole and
              the sloper by 50khz.  Operating around 3.9 Mhz and 1.9 Mhz. is
              not real productive in this contest.  Had a real problem with
              pirates on 75mtrs this time around.  Seemed no matter where I
              went, I had at least 3 tuner uppers and one guy whistling in
              my ear.  Made me feel like I should just sit in the middle
              of the 75mtr. DX window and just call cq till my hearts content!
              Didn't do this though (I'm a nice guy).  I got to tuning around
              instead of working the contest and looked like us contesters were
              giving the rag chewers and netters lots of elbow room (no qrm).
              Can't they give us the same respect?  By the way, anyone who
              operates an amateur transmitter without giving his/her call
              sign is a pirate, not an amateur.

              73,  Don, WA8YRS           don russell@ecr.knox.com