WS4F January VHF Test Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: WS4F January VHF Test Score
From: SteveWS4F@aol.com (SteveWS4F@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 24 Jan 1996 03:27:19 -0500
Hi Gang-

WS4F was operated multi-unlimited in the test by myself, Neal-AE6E, and
Tad-NZ3I

SCORE:    Band     Q's     Grids
                    6       142        46
                    2       147        33
                  222       25        16
                  432       35        17
                  903        2          2
                 1296       6          4
                  10Ghz   2          1

        TOTALS-        359 Q's    457 QSO Points    119 Grids = 54,383 Total
Score

Conditons were terrible in general, as they ALWAYS are in Jan Test.  Minor
tropo enhancement was noted for a short time on Saturday night to the
Midwest, and for a short time Sunday afternoon to FL.  Otherwise, making Q's
over any distance was like swimming in mud, i.e. normal January conditions.
 Even scatter on 6 was WAY down- even as compared to a typical Jan. Test.
 The "big" E skip opening on Saturday afternoon netted exactly two Q's,
though K0GU was in here LOUD for 15 minutes or so- where was everybody else?
 I would have at least expected some other Colorado stations to show up!

Biggest disappointment was noone to work on 2304, 3456 or 5760, even though I
knew MY equipment was working (for once)- that is after I finally got it all
together at 0330 ET Sunday morning!

I have been completely re-doing shack as part of currently ongoing house
renovation, and not everything was up to par by contest time.  It is now,
though, except 432 still needs more work.  Hopefully that will be done before
much awaited Spring openings!

Thanks mucho to AE6E and NZ3I for a great effort and a lot of help on
station!  We had a great time, and were pleased to find that activity and
interest in vhf and above really seems to be picking up in the southeast-
FINALLY!  Thanks to all the new ops and rovers who were on!!

73,

 Steve, WS4F   EM84dj    Lula, GA
 stevews4f@aol.com