FD Results K600EID

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: FD Results K600EID
From: k6eid@avana.net (k6eid@avana.net)
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 96 17:18:58 PDT
These are the results from K600EID:

                    CW                      Phone                   Total
Band            QSO's   Points          QSO's   Points          QSO's   Points
80              0       0               27      27              27      27
40              17      34              106     106             123     140
20              45      90              32      32              77      122
15              5       10              50      50              55      60
10              0       0               139     139             139     139
6               0       0               69      69              69      69
10 GhZ          0       0               1       1               1       1

Totals          67      134             424     424             491     558

    Total QSO points __558__ X Power Multiplier (5W or less, X5; 150W or

    less, X2; over 150W, X1)   __x2___  equals Claimed Score (less

    bonus points)  __1,116____

    Bonus Points:

    100% Emergency Power (generator)
    Location in a public place (state park)
    VHF/UHF

Operators: K6EID (Phil Finkle) and W6SRP (Ted Samples)

QTH: John's Mountain, Walker County, GA

Set up Saturday morning. Began operating at 1800Z. Closed down around 1630Z on
Sunday. Rigs were TS-850S for HF, IC-575H for 6 meters, and homebrew for 10
gHz. Antennas were G5RV up abt 30', 10 meter dipole up abt 15', 4 element 6
meter yagi up abt 15', and dish for 10 gigs. Shut down Sunday morning abt 0530Z
(0130 EDT). At 0400 EDT, three cars came up to the site with 33 each rather
intoxicated teenage couples. They got out, turned on their car radio to abt 150
db., smoked and drank more. They finally left at abt 0500 EDT to go to the
Huddle House restaurant in Resaca. They didn't bother anything belonging to us
(Ted is convinced that they weren't even aware of our tents, operating
positions, antennas, cars, etc.).  Back up by 0730 EDT so not a whole lot of
sleep. Drank lots of beer but temperature was so hot that we just sweated it
out as fast as we drank it! Never affected our operating (at least we don't
think so!)  All in all, a gud time!

73, Phil K6EID

E-mail: k6eid@avana.net