NAQP Phone KD3GeorgiaCracker Report

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: NAQP Phone KD3GeorgiaCracker Report
From: Kd3gcmark@aol.com (Kd3gcmark@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 1996 17:17:43 -0400
Call: KD3GC
Catagory: Single op
Mode: Phone
Power: 100w
Name: Mark
Location: Lawrenceville Ga.
Hours oprerated: 8

Band                    QSO's                    Mults

80                         130                        35
40                         141                        40
20                          57                         20
15                          42                         20
10                          61                         18

Totals                   431                         133             Claimed
score:      57,323

Heathkit SB102
TA 33 JR  @ 40ft
Center fed zepp @ 70ft

I had to work Saturday, but only half a day. So the afternoon was clear for
contesting, right?  At 1600 had to go look at cars because my jeep had been
totaled a few days before. Get home just before the contest starts and look
up into the sky.
I don't think this looks good. Have to wait 2 hours to begin beacuse of
thunder storms. Started out on 10, slow for the first ten minutes, but then
started to run. Ran about 55 Q's that first hour. Ten minutes can really make
a difference. The rates can get fast at times and the rate meter was up
around 125-150 a couple of times. Everyone was real nice and polite except
for a couple of good ole boys on 75 that were having conniption fits beacuse
a contest was envading their presonal and private frequencies (the more
things change the more they stay the same). My goal for this contest was to
do better than the last NAQP I did in 94. I did and I can't wait until
January...........................73's from the Georgia
Mark Kozma KD3GC                 (works great in a pileup)