arrl ss/so/lp/ntx

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: arrl ss/so/lp/ntx
From: ny5b@wf.net (DALE CHEEK)
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 1996 08:37:55 +0000
CALL       SEC        SCORE        QSO      SECTS     HRS
NY5B       ntx          96,720          620          78            20

so/lp/a

BAND    QSO     QSO PTS     SECTIONS
160             0                0                   -
80               3                6                   -
40              394            788                -
20              130            260                -
15               93             186                -
10                0                0                  -

Totals        620            1240             78     =     96,720

What a wild weekend.  I never start out without planning to "win it
all."  It seldom works out that way but I know I gave it my all and
get alot of satisfaction from that.  My plan to get several hrs of
sleep Sat night was shot down 3 hrs into the contest when a storm
blew thru with 85+ MPH winds.  After several hrs of damage assessment
(my other hobby is storm chasing....this one found me!) I returned to
find one end of my 80 M loop on the ground.  The 160 M sloper was
still in the air...just didnt work.  After becoming anxious to find
WTX and OK....my neighbors....I managed to squeeze them into the log
on 80 m, much to the chagrin of my finals, Im sure.  Did finally get
a few hrs of sleep but only got a total of 20 hrs worked overall.
Sure was fun.  It has been several yrs since I worked a SS but Ill be
back next year.  Hope to be heard in cqww next weekend.

73
Dale

PS   I used the call NY5B in this test.  My prior call was NY5B.
       I got it from the FCC about ten years ago when I upgraded!
       .....and it didnt cost a dime.....and I dont have to mess with
       any nasty law suits........and Im not gonna say how much I
       like or dislike it!  There is something to be said for
       complacency....or maybe not!