N4BP CQWW CW SOHP 15M

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N4BP CQWW CW SOHP 15M
From: n4bp@shadow.net (Bob Patten)
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 1996 04:32:42 -0500 (EST)
Call used: N4BP                                         Location: 05
Category: Single Op Single Band         Mode: CW        Power: 1500
Callsign of Operator: N4BP
Exchanged Information: N4BP RST 05
Hours of Operation: 20

band    QSOs    points  zones   ctys
====    ====    ======  =====   ====
  15     670      1870     28    100
====    ====    ======  =====   ====
TOTAL    670      1870     28    100            SCORE: 239,360

Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Comments:       FT-1000MP, AL-1500, TH7-DXX @ 45 feer, NA v10.12

During the peak of the European opening on Saturday morning, S9 PLUS
power line noise suddenly switched on masking ALL signals.  This went on
for about an hour and fortunately didn't reoccur.
VERY wierd condx on 15M Sunday afternoon.  Was hearing several east coast
stations both direct and long path.  The long path signal was almost as
strong, making them difficult to even copy, very strange effect.  At the
same time as this was going on, I found CO8LY & KG4ML both way over S9.
They are much too close to South Florida to be heard with this kind of
signal strength!  Nice little JA runs both Sat & Sun afternoons, first
time in many moons!  Big finish, snagged YB9BO for country 100 just as I
was ready to quit.  Disappointing country & QSO total, way down from SSB
weekend.  Kinda glad I abandoned plan to single band on 10M.  I'll
struggle enough in the 10M contest next month.

Bob Patten, N4BP