N9GG, Bagel Baby

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N9GG, Bagel Baby
From: radio@UDel.Edu (Robert Penneys)
Date: Sun, 9 Feb 1997 07:35:36 -0500 (EST)
I was so honored to be invited to join the Bagel Boys, I can't tell you!

Having no station of any sort at deed-restricted home, I lined up another
good station here in Delaware to keep that rare state on. N8NA, subject of
a recent full-page color photo in Newsweek, seemed to take care of that
anyway.

Due to first snowstorm of the season, my host op thought it wouldn't be
prudent to go out. So, got home from work with twenty minutes to spare,
set up a radio, piece of wire, computer, what a RATty stn, got on late,
20m RF got in computer, whatever. You need excuses sometime, call me up.

Normally would not have gone on at all but for this team, gotta do it.

Half time, partial half-assed effort, 25 watts or so power,
total 112 x 34 = 3808. This bagel was TOAST!!

Probably the worst part was using a normal name. Nobody could hear me
anyway. But, not to be negative! I'm gonna put up some kinda wire loop
with an SGC tuner, I think, and run low power.

Tnx all and Bagel Boys Forever!!!!   Bob N9GG