N2NL Sprint LP/Low Wires

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: N2NL Sprint LP/Low Wires
From: wh2z@juno.com (wh2z@juno.com)
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 1997 08:36:36 EST
   N2NL  Sprint CW
Low Power   (Kenwood TS930)
QTH: NJ
Team:  FRC "Domestic"

QSOs:
20 meters: 53        Driven element of a CL-33 tribander at 40 ft
40 meters: 77                       80M vertical with a trap for 40m
80 meters: 63                       run up the side of a tree
TOTAL   193  QSO's x 37 Mults = 7141 pts

Mults heard but missed: UT, VE3, VE5, KP3; heard K?7Y CQing late on 80
but he couldn't hear me and QSYed.  Doubt it was KL7Y with the Aurora but
maybe...
VE2AWR was a good catch on 80 late

  It figures my 20m dipole would come crashing down the day of the
sprint.  It was snowing and sleeting like heck, so it took me a few hours
to get the ropes back in the trees.  Grabbed the only thing handy:  The
driven element of a CL-33 tribander and suspended it with the  ropes
between 2 trees at 40 feet.  I also have a 80m vertical with a trap for
40m which runs up the side of a tree trunk.
   I only try to break my personal record from my antenna-restricted QTH.
 My previous personal QSO total from this QTH was 140 so I blew that
away. Mults were way down from last year though (had 44 last time).
It's sure frustrating to get beaten by anyone and everyone calling.  If I
had some gain on 20m I'm sure I'd have atleast 30 more QSO's on that
band.

    If I don't transfer this summer I think I'll try to operate the Sept
sprint from either N2RM or W2REH.  If I had been there last night I'm
sure I could  easily have hit the magical 300 QSO mark; the conditions
were great!

   Thank John, N2NC (he was at N2RM),  I think he may have been the one
who stirred up alot of the activity from the 2's and 3's this time.

Boy do I love this contest!! QRQ is COOL!!
73, Dave N2NL

David Mueller - N2NL
Ex KE2PF WH2Z KE2PF/NH2/KH0/DU1/DU3 V63PF
Active Duty Member US Coast Guard, Cape May NJ
WH2Z@JUNO.COM    (age 25)