W7GG HAL RTTY CLAIMED + STORY

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: W7GG HAL RTTY CLAIMED + STORY
From: k3mm@erols.com (Tyler G Stewart )
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 1997 07:13:53 -0000

----------
From: Bill Turner <wrt@eskimo.com>
To: Tyler G Stewart  <k3mm@erols.com>
Cc: Bob Wruble <ai7b@teleport.com>; 3830@contesting.com
Subject: Re: W7GG HAL RTTY CLAIMED + STORY
To: <3830@contesting.com>
Date: Friday, February 14, 1997 5:48 AM

On Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:32:16 -0000, "Tyler G Stewart " <k3mm@erols.com>
wrote:

>That's almost true...but it also assumes that I'm going to answer him or
even
>hear him over someone else who's doing it correctly.  By the time he stops
>transmitting I may have already turned it over to the other station I'm
>trying to work.
>Which means he may try and send the exchange again, right over top of the
>other
>guy.
>
>Face it.  It's just bad form and rude to boot...in addition to being an
>incomplete QSO
>if the guy never acknowledges my report, which I had at least a couple of
>guys do
>to me.  Those partial QSO's do not stay in my log.
>
>73, Tyler K3MM

I agree absolutely - it is bad form and I don't want to encourage it.  But in
the last couple of contests, I have used it maybe three or four times and it
WAS a time-saver because I avoided the extra F2 exchange.  Unfortunately, as
you pointed out, the other guy thinks he's doing it right.

73, Bill W7TI
wrt@eskimo.com
Oh, definitely.  I do what you said...I'm not going to stop and reprimand
someone
during a contest...just make the best of it and move on.  73, Tyler