[3830] Re: K5ZD (W2SC op) ARRL SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] Re: K5ZD (W2SC op) ARRL SSB
From: peterj@benlo.com (Peter Jennings)
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 11:03:40 +0100
>"Georgens, Tom" <tgeorgen@ppdpost.ks.symbios.com>
>K5ZD (W2SC op) ARRL SSB (Long)

>After a couple of good hours I started to listen for a 15 meter opening but
>the band was really marginal.  I tried a few CQ's up there but could not
>work much, although I did have a C31 call.  I decide to take a risk and hope

Bet you'd be surprised to find that I was mobile with a 3 foot helical
G-whip on the roof and an IC-706 on the seat! Even 20 wasn't open at home,
so I drove to a mountain top and found a few stations on 15.

Thanks for the QSO.

Oh! Before someone gets on a high horse, I was only having fun. I won't be
sending in an entry. I know I was in more than one location...

Hmmm. If I tell everyone that, I guess I'd better send in a check log, though...

Peter
C31LJ  (QSL via VE3GEJ)