[3830] K8ND NAQP SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K8ND NAQP SSB
From: jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Jeffrey Maass)
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 18:50:02 -0400 (EDT)
                       1997 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: K8ND                                           Location: OH
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: PHONE           Power: 150W
     Callsign of Operator: K8ND
     Exchanged Information: K8ND JEFF OH
     Hours of Operation: 07:18

     band      QSOs     points    mults
     ----------------------------------
     160          0         0        0
      80         21        21       10
      40        198       198       44
      20        144       144       43
      15          4         4        4
      10          2         2        1
     ----------------------------------
     TOTAL      369       369      102      SCORE: 37,638

     Club or Team Name: None

     Comments: As the contest progressed, weather radar (which I can
     monitor in the shack) showed a serious storm front decending over
     Ohio like an angry red hat. Instead of moving NE and afflicting NY
     and Canada (as it normally does around here, and should, by rights,
     do!), it settled down towards Central Ohio until I had no option but
     to shut down with lightning outside my window. 75 meters was the
     primary victim, although I planned some 160 as well. This is my first
     contest submission for many years.

73

Jeff Maass       (jmaass@freenet.columbus.oh.us)      Amateur Radio K8ND
      USPSA/IPSC # L-1192   NROI/CRO          NW of Columbus Ohio
      25000 Members in 2000!