[3830] W6AX 10 meter single band score, CQWW SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W6AX 10 meter single band score, CQWW SSB
From: n6ig@netcom.com (Jim Pratt)
Date: Sun, 26 Oct 1997 22:17:04 -0800 (PST)
W6AX, operated by N6IG, Zone 3, California:
10 Meter Single Band, High Power

606 QSOs   23 zones   67 countries  ===> 121,500 points

Operated from the QTH of KB6NAN.  She lives on a ridge overlooking the
Pacific Ocean and does FB as a tech plus on 10 meters.  Now I know why.
Used a 4 element beam at about 50 feet and couldn't believe how well she
gets out to the Pacific.  The first hour I had 166 QSOs, then things
folded up.  Boy, Saturday wasn't very good, but Sunday was great into the
Carribean and worked quite a few Africans.

Lowlight was hearing east coast running Europe Sunday, almost wish the
band HADN'T opened there to make me hear that!  Wait a few years, though...

73, Jim  N6IG