[3830] KZ5MM 10 Meter SO HP SSB only U/A

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KZ5MM 10 Meter SO HP SSB only U/A
From: dietz@texas.net (Chuck)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 20:08:09 -0600
10 Meter Contest Single Op, High Power, Phone Only:

                       Score           QSOs
States/Prov             DX
KZ5MM     554,180           2290
61                       60

This contest was a real drag on Sunday.  I was disappointed that the
rates did not keep up like on Saturday.  I started out Friday night with
a 105 hour.  I had 228 Q's by the time I hit the sack.  The last Q was
KK4MO in FL at 0558.  I probably should have kept going until 0700, but
I "bet on the come" that the going would be good Sat night. (Whoops!)

Countries on Fri Night: VK, XE, ZL, VK9N, FK, KH8, V7

First Q on Sat was at 1225 W4TDB in TN.  I worked ZS6BRZ at 1249.  3B8FQ
called me at 1329 and gave me his #001!  I guess that was the highlight
of the whole test.  The best hour was Sat morn at 1500-1600 with 194
QSOs.

I had visions of grandour on Sat night.  My last Q was KF4MDZ in GA at
0514 and I was over 1900 QSOs with 95 mults!  Sunday was not to continue
this QSO trend, however, the Mult picture improved with a good European
opening.  I had zero Europe on Saturday.  (And zero Asia in the whole
test!)  First Q on Sun was KD4HNF in GA at 1225.

Europe started with CU3AD at 1424.  After that I decided to move to a
really clear freq above 28,500 to fish for weak Europeans.  On the way
up, I found DJ4AX, wow! the band is oficially open.  Then I found UT0D.
I worked him and found a clear freq then looked at the log and it said
the mult was "UR."  No way!  I went back to see if I had copied it
right.  WAY!   Last Euro was F5LBL at 1709.

My last state came at 1832 with K7VK in that elusive MT.

BREAKDOWN QSO/mults  KZ5MM  ARRL 10 METER CONTEST  Single Operator

HOUR      10    HR TOT  CUM TOT

   0   105/19   105/19   105/19
   1    38/0     38/0    143/19
   2    33/5     33/5    176/24
   3    13/1     13/1    189/25
   4    15/3     15/3    204/28
   5    24/6     24/6    228/34
   6      .        .     228/34
   7      .        .     228/34
   8    .....    .....   228/34
   9      .        .     228/34
  10      .        .     228/34
  11      .        .     228/34
  12    12/1     12/1    240/35
  13    27/12    27/12   267/47
  14    82/11    82/11   349/58
  15   194/5    194/5    543/63
  16   175/5    175/5    718/68
  17   100/7    100/7    818/75
  18   128/4    128/4    946/79
  19   181/6    181/6   1127/85
  20   181/4    181/4   1308/89
  21   180/2    180/2   1488/91
  22   159/0    159/0   1647/91
  23    36/1     36/1   1683/92
   0    67/1     67/1   1750/93
   1    78/2     78/2   1828/95
   2    56/0     56/0   1884/95
   3    10/0     10/0   1894/95
   4     8/0      8/0   1902/95
   5     2/0      2/0   1904/95
   6      .        .    1904/95
   7      .        .    1904/95
   8    .....    .....  1904/95
   9      .        .    1904/95
  10      .        .    1904/95
  11      .        .    1904/95
  12     4/0      4/0   1908/95
  13    15/1     15/1   1923/96
  14    17/4     17/4  1940/100
  15    32/9     32/9  1972/109
  16    59/5     59/5  2031/114
  17    87/2     87/2  2118/116
  18    98/1     98/1  2216/117
  19    22/1     22/1  2238/118
  20    15/1     15/1  2253/119
  21     8/1      8/1  2261/120
  22    10/1     10/1  2271/121
  23    19/0     19/0  2290/121
DAY1  1683/92    .....  1683/92
DAY2   607/29      .     607/29
TOT  2290/121      .   2290/121

                              Continent Statistics
    KZ5MM   ARRL 10 METER CONTEST    Single Operator     14 Dec 1997  1655z

                     QSO   percent
North America   SSB 2063    88.1
South America   SSB  147     6.3
Europe          SSB   51     2.2