[3830] N9YXA NAQP CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N9YXA NAQP CW
From: n9yxa@ix.netcom.com (N9YXA-Cedrick Johnson)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 00:41:18 +0000
Well, here it is, my small effort to the SMC. Could've had more if I
didn't alread have a commitment to help my bowling team recapture 1st
place...

C U in NAQP SSB

                              NA QSO SUMMARY SHEET

    Contest Dates : 10-Jan-98, 11-Jan-98

    Callsign Used : N9YXA
         Operator : N9YXA

         Category : Single Op Unassisted Low Power

 Default Exchange : Fred IL

             Name : Cedrick W. Johnson
          Address : 502 Manor Place
   City/State/Zip : Aurora, IL 60506-2134
          Country : United States

        Team/Club : SMC- Society Of Midwest Contesters

   80CW       19          19         19      14
   40CW      152         152        152      44
   20CW       63          63         63      27

 Totals      234         234        234      85

    Final Score = 19890 points.

Soapbox Comments:
        Well, to tell you the truth, I had planned to "dabble" in this
        contest.
I really wasn't expecting to get hooked, but there was that "push".

1822UTC-
I was 20 minutes late because I was out shopping earlier in the day,
so I get on 20 to check things out. I park and call CQ. By the time I
left for bowling, (2000UTC) I had 50 QSO's. All of them were
surprisingly ones from CQ'ing. I pull the plug to leave the station.

2300UTC-
I'm back in my chair, and WOW! Called CQ on 40, and had a constant run
of stations. This really peaked my interest, and so I watch my numbers
slowly rise.

0200UTC-
Sleepiness catches the best of me, so I leave the op position with 180
or so QSO's in the log.

0430UTC-
I'm back up, and bushy-tailed. I get on 80M and try to get a few more
new ones in the log. But, I soon find myself back on 40 calling CQ.
Not much interesting after this point, so I battle it out until the
contest end.

I have never operated a contest from MY station and called CQ for more
than 10 QSO's at a time. I was really impressed to see the bands in
great shape. This is a dream come true for me. I broke several of my
station records, listed as follows: First time ever the rate meter was
at 93 First time I ever worked 64 people in one hour First time I ever
had 169 QSO's in 4 hours

Equipment:
Kenwood TS-930S, 20M dipole at 17 feet, 65ft. longwire @ 30ft.

 I have observed all competition rules as well as all regulations
 established for amateur radio in my country.  My report is correct
 and true to the best of my knowledge.  I agree to be bound by the
 decisions of the Awards Committee.

 Date 01-11-1998      Signed Cedrick W. Johnson             Call N9YXA

=============================
                              N9YXA NAQP Ratesheet

  HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
   18       0       0       3       3       3
   19       0       0      50      50      53
   20       0       0       0       0      53
   21       0       0       0       0      53
   22       0       0       3       3      56
   23       0      28       7      35      91

    0       0      10       0      10     101
    1       0      67       0      67     168
    2       0      17       0      17     185
    3       8       9       0      17     202
    4       0       0       0       0     202
    5      11      21       0      32     234

  TOTAL    19     152      63
Cedrick Johnson - N9YXA - Z2/N9YXA
10-10: 67368, Soc. Of Midwest Contesters
http://www.qsl.net/n9yxa
http://www.netcom.com/~n9yxa
Packet: n9yxa@w9zmr.en52va.il.us.na
DX Cluster Home Node: K9AJ- Crete, IL