No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: drussell@knox.net (Donald Russell)
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 98 01:19:15 PST
                       1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: WA8YRS                                         Location: OH

     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: CW              Power: 100W

     Callsign of Operator: WA8YRS

     Exchanged Information: WA8YRS DON OH

     Hours of Operation: 10:00

     band      QSOs      points    mults
     160         78          78          32      1/4 wave sloper apex at 48
ft.
      80        150         150         43       Dipole at 46 ft. @ hf2v
      40        151         151         45       inverted V at 46 ft. @ hf2v
      20        131         131         41       A3A at 50 ft.
      15          56          56          23          "       "
      10            8            8            3          "       "
     TOTAL      574         574     187      SCORE: 107,338

     Omni VI+  at 100 watts,        NA logging software

     Comments:  I set no personal goals for this contest, although band
conditions
                         were so good that I finally made it over the 100k
barrier.  One of
                          these days I am going to learn the secret of 100+
QSO /hr rate on
                          cw (don't remind me I only hit that once on ssb).
 I really like this
                          contest.  In a few more years the 12 hr. contest
period will fit right
                           in with my age bracket.  Kinda like basketball
in that when you
                          get a little age on you you want to do half court
instead of full
                          court.  Now that I finally have a decent contest
rig, it is time for
                          phase ten.  More antenna work!  Phase one was
buying a used
                           Drake TR-3 to get back into ham radio afters
years of absence.
                           See everyone on ssb in a couple of weeks.
Please, everyone
                           listen for me so I can win one for a change!
(beg, beg)

     I, by virtue of my statement below, have taken part in the

           1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY on 01/10/1998

     conscientiously applying my most ethical interpretation of the
     published rules for this contest.

     Name: Donald J. Russell               Call: WA8YRS    drussell@knox.net
           815 Brookwood Rd.
           Mt. Vernon