No subject

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: No subject
From: Paul Knupke, Jr." <pk@ij.net (Paul Knupke, Jr.)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 01:34:10 -0500
 1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: KR4YL                                          Location: FL
     Category: Single Op All Band         Mode: SSB             Power: 150W
     Callsign of Operator: KR4YL
     Exchanged Information: KR4YL PAUL FL

     Hours of Operation: 07:16

     band      QSOs     points    mults
      160          1         1        1
      80         36        36       21
      40         45        45       26
      20         35        35       24
      15         38        38       20
      10         34        34       13

TOTAL      189       189      105      SCORE: 19,845

     Club or Team Name: Florida Contest Group

Brief comments before I go to bed...

All three bands were pretty well even in totals.  Ten simply due to a brief
opening around 3:45 ET to the north where I went from about 5-6 Q's and 3-4
mults to the final tally in about 15 minutes.  Ran into alot of non
contesters on 10m but explained NAQP to a few who had never heard of it -
maybe we'll get some NAPQ participants?

Big difference from last summer when 40 and 80 really sucked (they had to
suck because no one could hear me...)  Most people had no problem hearing my
low antenna on any band this time.  Only two or three rough QSOs.  The most
difficult was W6ZJ in CA on 80 at the end who spent a good 4-5 minutes
pulling me out (Thanks Paul.)

The lone 160 contact was WC4E (only band I worked Jeff on either, he's about
40 miles NE of me.)   My antenna doesn't radiate worth squat on 160 anyway.

Otherwise, Its a personal best NAQP for me.  Doubled my best score and
increased my multipliers by 40 (thanks to ten and 40 and 80 not sucking.)  I
need to guest-op this one somewhere... I think I'd do pretty well.

Worked KP3P on five bands also.... only other DX heard was XE2DV on 15.

Thanks for the contacts y'all...

73,
Paul
...proud member of THE Florida Contest Group