[3830] AB5SE SO NAQP SSB

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] AB5SE SO NAQP SSB
From: ab5se@ipa.net (Jerry Richards)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 16:41:34 -0600
1998 NCJ NORTH AMERICAN QSO PARTY

     Call used: AB5SE       Category: Single Op       Mode: SSB
Power: 100W       Location: AR

     Callsign of Operator: AB5SE           Exchange: AB5SE JERRY AR
    Hours:10:00

    band      QSOs     points    mults
     160         59        59           21      Alpha Delta Sloper
      80        149       149           42      Inverted "V" @ 35'
      40        153       153           43      Rotatable Dipole @ 40'
      20        317       317           51      3-Element Beam @ 40'
      15         61        61             19         "                    "
      10          2         2               2        "                    "
     TOTAL      741       741      178      SCORE: 131,898

 Comments:  Great Fun!!  Two weekends in a row with no visit from Murphy
and  back to back, CW and SSB, new personal all-time NAQP best score.   I
had many times during the contest where I wanted and needed the "second
radio".  I had slow CQ rates but not slow enough to warrant H & P.   I
could see where a second radio to H & P would help with the QSO rate and
MULT total.   Perhaps, some day, that need will become a reality.

Best Hour: Hour #1 - 97 Q's  (I am in awe of the op's like K6LL & AD6DO
that AVERAGE 100+ per hour!!)
Highlight: Beating my previous best NAQP SSB score by over 20K points.
Disappointment: Very poor early evening 75M conditions and 40M going long
too early.

73,  Jerry, AB5SE