[3830] W4PA CQ 160 CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] W4PA CQ 160 CW
From: srobbins@usit.net (Scott Robbins)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 15:12:11 -0500 (EST)
W4PA single operator high power CQ160 CW

254/44/15 = 40,710 claimed score.  Time of operation: 4 hours.

Ten-Tec Omni-VI Plus/Ten-Tec Titan/Inverted L/500' beverage to Europe.
Club: Tennessee Contest Group

I never have competed seriously in a 160 contest as I don't feel I've got a
good enough antenna system to make it worth staying up for 2 straight nights.
Nevertheless, I like to get on and hand out some contacts to the deserving.

I turned on the rig at 0130Z and decided to run off one hour of furious S&Ping
and CQing to see what kind of rate I could pull off and ended up with 105 QSO's
from 0133Z to 0233Z.  First QSO was N4CM, then K4RO in the middle, last one for
the hour was K0EJ.  I also worked 4X4NJ to finish up my WAC on 160m for this
contest season (my first 4X ever on 160, also).

73,
Scott Robbins, W4PA, Gatlinburg, TN.

This e-mail message may not represent the viewpoint of my employer.
Visit the Tennessee Contest Group at <http://geo1.tdec.state.tn.us>