[3830] K4RO CW Sprint HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] K4RO CW Sprint HP
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Sun, 08 Feb 1998 01:58:48 -0600
SPRINT SUMMARY SHEET     Contest Date : 08-Feb-98

     Callsign Used : K4RO     Operator : K4RO    Category : SOHP

 Default Exchange :  The Correct Way.  :-)

        Team/Club : Tennessee Contest Group

   BAND   Raw QSOs   Valid QSOs   Points   Mults    IC-765 / AL-811 500W
 __________________________________________________ TR-Log

   80CW       94          94         94       7  half sloper @ 70'
   40CW       91          91         91      11  1/4 wave GP @ 8' 4 el
rad.
   20CW       57          57         57      24  PRO-57A @ 100'

 Totals      242         242        242      42

    Final Score = 10,164 points.

I'd really like to do better in this contest.  I'm stuck at the 60/hr
mark and am not improving.  Not sure exactly what it's going to take
to do better.  My best hour x4 still won't put me near the 300 Q zone.
Still have a problem getting  off to a good start.  Have to learn how to
hit the ground running somehow.  Also have to learn to stay synched up
with the flow.  May try to record the next one.  Didn't use the second
radio at all.  One is enough for me to handle in this contest.  A great
contest with great operators.  A nice surprise was G4BUO, thanks for
the 40m Q Dave!  Conditions were pretty good, except 20 produced nothing
from the northeast.  80 and 40 were solid throughout.  Another FB team
effort by the Tennessee Contest Group capped a satisfying Sprint.
Way to go TCG!  CU in September.

-Kirk  K4RO      in Pegram, TN        -- Tennessee Contest Group --
                                       http://www.k4ro.net/tcg.html