[3830] KP3P ARRL DX CW M2

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KP3P ARRL DX CW M2
From: cw4ever@coqui.net (Eric M. Guzman-Colon, NP3A)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 23:16:58 -0400
                 ARRL INTERNATIONAL DX CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: KP3P                     Country: Puerto Rico
      Mode: CW                       Category: Multi Two

      BAND     QSO    QSO PTS    STATES/PROV
      160      266      798          52
       80      880     2640          58
       40     1545     4635          58
       20     1593     4779          57
       15     1778     5334          58
       10     1184     3552          58
     -----------------------------------
     Totals   7246    21738         341  =   7,412,658

Operator List: NP4Z, NP3A, KP3L, KP4Y, WP3A

Thanks to Moises, KP3P, for letting us use his station
as a backup for KP3Z.

Equipment Description:
TWR 1     120ft
          160M Sloping (from 110ft) Dipole
          20M  5el@90ft
          15M  6el@60ft
TWR 2     75ft
          40M  4el@75ft
          10M  6el@60ft
80M  2 el Inv V OWA yagi @ 70ft (apex) between towers
585ft Terminated Beverage North

IC781+4KL
FT-990+Alpha 76
OMNI VI + Centurion (one burned tube at the end of test)
Ethernet Networking (worked great)

Comments:

We all had a great time. The first 24hrs were incredible,
first 2 hours on 20 were 217 and 205 finishing with 4962Qs
the first day. But only 2284Qs the second day. We expected
better condx on 40M.

The second night, I found myself fighting for my running freq.
with a 300W Italian station on 40M. His 300W were louder than
my full KW into a 4el yagi into the East Coast...

73s Eric, NP3A