[3830] N8PR ARRL 160 SO HP Score

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] N8PR ARRL 160 SO HP Score
From: k8unp@shadow.net (N8PR -Pete)
Date: Mon, 07 Dec 1998 13:43:50 +0000
Sure was fun to get on for a while, even though I had to work both
mornings (needed SOME sleep)

It is DISAPPOINTING that US ops still have to CALL CQ in the DX window
1830 to 1835 and Immediately adjacent.  Just because you do not have
propagation to the DX does not mean that others don't!  There were a few
VERY inconsiderate operators in the window.  The Path to EU starts here
at 0000 Z and goes for an hour, then dies and starts up after 0500 Z.
The early one is gray line, where the northeast does not usually hear
EU.  Why can't you guys up north believe that we are hearing what we are
calling???

                     ARRL 160 METER CONTEST -- 1998

      Call: N8PR             Section:   So. Florida
      Mode: CW               Category: Single Operator High Power
      Time On Air: 10 Hrs +/-
               QSO   QSO PTS  PTS/QSO    SECTIONS  COUNTRIES

     Totals    221     487     2.20         61         15    =   37,012

All reports sent were 599 SFL, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:   Icom 756 + Amp Supply LK 800A
                         Inverted Vee at 100 ft
                         2 Receiving loops

Club Affiliation:   NONE