[3830] DF3CB CQWW RTTY Single op assisted

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] DF3CB CQWW RTTY Single op assisted
From: bernd.koch@agresso.de (Bernd Koch)
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 10:45:09 +0100

Call used: DF3CB

Entry Class: Single Op, All Band, Assisted, High Power

Band    QSOs   Pts   QTH    DX  Zones
80       101   200     2    37     8
40       161   405    33    52    19
20       224   605    41    60    27
15       308   818    48    67    31
10       247   683    41    58    30
--------------------------------------
Total   1041  2711   165   274   115

Claimed Score: 1,501,894 (4U1VIC, VO2 and PEI mults not yet checked).

Good to see 10 and 15 so wide open. 80 was disappointing except the great
HC8N signal. Same QSO number as last year, many more multipliers but
somehow the CQ runs were less productive despite the good condx. Only 200k
score improvement to last year. 39 hours of operating. The FT-1000 broke on
Saturday afternoon. Took 30 minutes to find and replace a broken diode in
the receiver front end.

A Californian station called me again 5 minutes after our QSO and insisted
on another QSO. I said "we QSO'ed 5 minutes ago" and he replied "i need a
dupe!". To make people happy, I gave him another one...

Equipment: FT-1000 and Alpha 87A, HAL P38, WF1B 4.4f
Antennas:  Dipole on 80 (the new vertical is not yet ready), 3 ele 40m, 6
ele 20m, 4 ele 15m, 4 ele 10m, KT34XA

73, Bernd, DF3CB.

PS.: wkd T31T yesterday as my RTTY country #300.