[3830] CQWW CW K8LX Multi-Single HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K8LX Multi-Single HP
From: steve@oakcom.com (steve@oakcom.com)
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 22:53:07 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest - CW

Call: K8LX
Operator(s): K8LX, N8EA, WA8ZDT
Station: K8LX

Class: Multi-Single HP
Operating Time (hrs): 44

  160:     25     12     18
   80:    116     24     76
   40:    737     35    113
   20:    594     39    126
   15:    908     39    133
   10:   1030     35    133
-------------------------------
Total:   3410    184    599  =  7,747,785

Comments:

Highs:

Great conditions, especially the first day.

New 10 meter 4/4/4/4 @ 100'/80'/60'/40' seems to play great.

New shack made operating a lot more comfortable, a primary
concern in our old age!

Pitiful excuses:

Had some bothersome line noise for the first time in this
location, some 15 years now.

Coax connector on the top 20 meter beam failed; required
three trips up the tower (Saturday afternoon) to repair.

The main tuning knob on the second FT-1000 decided to completely
seize up around 2 AM Saturday night; After 2 hours of farting
around with it, and failing to free it up, and giving up the
fantasy about swapping the main/sub tuning encoders, N8EA made
an emergency run to get his FT-1000, and we had two stations again
in time for the Sunday morning European runs.  The failed 1000 -
after three recent trips to Yaesu for other problems - is fast
developing a reputation around here as a, ummm, One-Of-A-Kind.

So we figure the above problems cost us like, 5000 QSOs, or so.

--
Steve K8LX