[3830] NAQP SSB K6RO SO

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K6RO SO
From: k6ro@earthlink.net (k6ro@earthlink.net)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 12:11:39 -0500 (EST)
                     North America QSO Party - SSB

Call: K6RO
Operator(s): K6RO
Station: K6RO

Class: SO
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:     15      6
   80:     46     21
   40:    152     51
   20:    275     58
   15:    114     44
   10:    469     42
----------------------
Total:   1071    222  =  237,762

Comments:

For the first 3 hours,I thought I was doing the 10 meter contest!.Had a 148
first hour and 486 after four hours.I may have spent too much time on 10 as 15m
was pretty dead and noisy when I got there.I struggled on 15, but knew I needed
the mults there.After going to 20,it was slow for the first hour,but then it
took off and had two 100 plus hours.Had my best ever mult total of 58 on
20m.Took another break and went to 40m which was pretty good with 51 mults.Took
another break and went to 80m which was a major struggle.I was hoping for 30
plus mults there but it never happened.80 was very noisy and guys were cqing in
my face.Counted 12 mults that didn't hear me.Maybe I better put my inverted vee
back up for domestic contests??.160 was normal for me with only 6 mults.Overall
I had a great time as this score was a personal best.Thanks to the 21 guys who
moved for me and special thanks to VY1JA who moved 2 times.Congrats to K6LL and
K4XS for their 300k plus scores.73 de Larry k6ro