[3830] NA Sprint CW K5GN HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW K5GN HP
From: mccarty@hal-pc.org (mccarty@hal-pc.org)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 22:45:06 -0500 (EST)
                     NA Sprint - CW

Call: K5GN
Operator: K5GN
Station: W5KU

Power: HP
QTH: TEXAS

   80:     75   70
   40:    126   75
   20:    164   95
----------------------
Total:    365 Qs   52 Mults =  18980

Comments:

Strange start -- slow at first, then one great period of about 15 minutes, then
about an hour of never getting answers and getting beat out a lot.  Activity
was good enough, though, to provide a good diet of new guys to find, so the
first hour was nearly as good as my best ever.  Then an amazing third hour.  I
had dreams of catching the guys who were 20 Q's ahead of me after the first two
hours, but couldn't keep that pace up on 80m.

What a fine job by the front-runners!  Wow.

HOUR   80CW    40CW    20CW    TOTAL   ACCUM
  ----  ------  ------  ------   -----   -----
    0       0       2      96      98      98
    1       0      16      61      77     175
    2       0      92       7      99     274
    3      75      16       0      91     365

Gotta work on that second hour!

20M: 4/4 at 80/40
40M: delta loop beams
80M: delta loop beam and dipole

Minutes without a QSO:
00:47,
01:29, 01:34, 01:36, 01:37, 01:42
02:30, 02:35, 02:52
03:22, 03:38, 03:40, 03:41

It's just amazing that there were over 60 multipliers available.

CU in September.

GN

K5GN         365   52     18980HP