[3830] ARRL SSB T32B M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SSB T32B M/S
From: wstinson@listenup.com (Walt Stinson, W0CP)
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 20:48:13 -0700
T32B - Eastern Kiribati
ARRL SSB 2000
MultiSingle
Operators: W0CP, KK0T  (QSL to K1ER)

Valid QSOs W/VE Multipliers
160     1      1
80      133   41
40      203   44
20      831   57
15      1185 60
10      2335 60

TOTAL  QSO's 4,688  Mults 263
Score =    3,698,832

We were a bit light on the low bands. Half of`the Titanex low band vertical
didn't
arrive in Honolulu in time and we had to substitute a HF2V and a 160m L at
the last minute. Then it turned out that there is a serious problem on both
meters on Christmas Island. There is an Australian university experiment
that is
running an automated wind sheer radar on 160 that puts out a square wave on
1.885 which blankets an entire 2 megahertz with 20 over 9 interference. In
addition, they have a pulsing transmission on 160 that is about S9. One CQ
was all it took to activate this beast. So, working 160 was impossible. Ten
meters was
simply amazing. At times, it was hard to keep the Europeans at bay. They're
just not
accustomed to hearing the Pacific blast over the pole and they got pretty
stirred up. So,
we put up a station on 24MHz and QSY'd them over to it.
73, Walt W0CP