[3830] IARU HF N4CW SO CW

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] IARU HF N4CW SO CW
From: N4CW@AOL.COM (N4CW@AOL.COM)
Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 21:34:29 -0400 (EDT)
                     IARU HF Championship

Call: N4CW
Operator(s): N4CW
Station: N4CW

Class: SO CW  Power: HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 18

  160:
   80:
   40:     198                33
   20:     447                46
   15:     604                52
   10:      32                 7
-----------------------------------
Total:    1281        0      138  =  666,678

Club: PVRC

Comments:

Worked 61 WRTC stations with no special effort to find them. Tried to operate
as long as I could, but kept making dumb mistakes (couldn't find the right keys
to depress on the keyboard, wrong antenna....and only had two to choose!) that
was a sign I needed sleep.
Band conditions early in the contest were deplorable, with only 15 producing
decent runs. 10 opened a couple hours later, but rates weren't sufficient to
justify staying. 20 didn't open until much later. 40 was decent, but I kept
returning to 20 because the band there never closed and produced higher rates.
No antennas for 80 nor 160.
Big thrill being called by FO0MOT on 40 while running Europe (with a rotary
dipole at 92 feet). Later, he called me on 20, again while I was running
Europe.
Africa was conspicuously lacking at this QTH...only worked 5X1Z. Not many JA's
were worked/heard here either. All-in-all, it was a "personal best".