[3830] ARRL SS SSB K0DU SO LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K0DU SO LP
From: K0du@gj.net (K0du@gj.net)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:32:47 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - SSB

Call: K0DU
Operator(s): K0DU
Station: K0DU

Class: SO LP
Section: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:      0
   80:     57
   40:    423
   20:    138
   15:    258
   10:    709
-------------------------------
Total:   1585 x     80  =  253,600

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters

Comments:

Other than some minor glitches with my laptop at the beginning of the contest
all went very well. No snow static on the Mesa this time!
Running low power dictated that I spent the most time where the strength of my
station was again on 10 meters. As indicated by the band breakdowns (even
though 10 was not great!) it was the only band running low power I could
sustain any runs that amounted to much.  40 meters had its moments where things
went very well and other times I struggled and resorted to hunt and pounce.
This by all means has been my best effort.  I looked forward to this contest,
especially after CQWW phone where I did very well. Looking back on CQ
Worldwide, my efforts were not nearly as intense as Sweepstakes.  We will
continue to work on the station and probably will not finish most of the
antennas and towers until sometime this next summer.  We are in the process of
completing a 550 square foot contest room, complete with all ammenities, so
that friends like Bill (K0UK), Larry (K0CL), Ross (N0ZA) and Phil (N0KE) or for
that matter anyone who enjoys contesting can operate.  I honestly have to
contribute this location as a factor.  I have lived in different parts of the
front range area (Denver) and have never had a location as quiet and as
effective as this Mesa at 7,400 feet.  I suppose the fact that it's very quiet
here on the 160 acres contributes to hearing the weak ones.  It has been an
observation of ours for no more than what we have for antennas at the time,
this location seems to play very well.  If anyone traveling to western Colorado
in the future would like to take part in a multi-single, please feel free to
contact me.  The Grand Mesa Contesters Club has a lot of great members;
however, being a small group, we find ourselves sometimes short of good
operators.  It was fun competing.  I had a great time.  I look forward to
sharing the station when the new room is done for multi-singles with my
friends.  73's.  Jerry (K0DU)