[3830] ARRL SS CW W6RCL SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS CW W6RCL SO QRP
From: w6rcl@amsat.org (w6rcl@amsat.org)
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 20:38:03 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes - CW

Call: W6RCL
Operator(s): W6RCL
Station: W6RCL

Class: SO QRP
Section: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:
   80:      6
   40:     98
   20:     45
   15:     46
   10:     20
-------------------------------
Total:    215 x     70  =  30,100

Club:

Comments:

I had a great time -- even though I missed some of the easy ones---SC, WTX, MS,
NM.  I ALWAYS have trouble with the Eastern Canadian provinces and this time
was no different.  I heard very few other QRP stations on, and judging by the
large number of S9+50db signals on the bands, this is one contest when we would
all be better served if NO ONE USED the highest power!

How about it ARRL??  You set the requirements --- how about changing the SS
contest rules to limit power to 100-200W maximum???  Hundreds of operators work
all sections using low power!  Do we really need to allow a KW for what is
basically a domestic contest?  Especially when you ask every entrant to adhere
to his/her license requirements AND the FCC REQUIRES MINIMUM POWER, i.e. only
enough TO MAINTAIN CONTACT.  QRO stations cannot possibly vouch adherence to
that rule on each and every contact.