[3830] ARRL10 K8DX SO Mixed HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL10 K8DX SO Mixed HP
From: k8dx@raex.com (k8dx@raex.com)
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 10:15:12 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K8DX
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 9

   CW:    362     87
  SSB:    372     84
----------------------
Total:    734    171  =  374,832

Club: North Coast Contesters

Comments:

Since it was my daughters second birthday on Saturday, I knew my
time would be some what limited.  Just S&P Friday night, and most
of the short operating periods on Saturday.  Got up early Sunday
morning before the rest of the family, and started running EU.
Rate meter for last 10 was at 206 and last 100 at 156 and rising
when my wife came into the shack to tell me we had to take our
son to the hospital!  Luckily nothing serious :-)

Since I wasn't serious in this one, I did keep some notes on
who the loud guys were.  These are the stations that made it into
the 30dB+ club:

Friday night:  N7PP, KA6SAR, K6IF, K7RI, KS6H, K6KM

Saturday morning:  S58A (60DB), PI4COM, S51B, LZ1NG, OM3NA, SP7GIQ,

DL2OM, OM3KFF, ON5CD, GB2DX

Saturday night:  VE6JY (60DB), VE6FI, W7GG, KG0ZI (the most consistant

(40DB+ signal all weekend), K6IF

Sunday afternoon:  K7BG, NX5M, AD5Q, K0DU, N5RZ, KE5OG