[3830] KL7FH ARRL RU M/S

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] KL7FH ARRL RU M/S
From: kl7fh@gci.net (Frank Hurlbut)
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:02:06 -0900
Ops: KL7FH, KL9A

10m: 332 q's
15m: 375 q's
20m: 196 q's
40m: 2 q's
80m: 0 q's

905 q's x 46 states + 9 provinces + 48 DXCC =3D 93,215 points

A pretty pathetic weekend all around.  I spent 5 hours on friday trying =
to get the KAM going, and we finally traced it to an intermittent =
voltage regulator that broke off and had to be soldered back on.  Missed =
the first hour or so of the contest, and that hurt a lot.  When the time =
came to move to 40m, we found a nice solid 10 over 9 noise level.  Same =
with 80m.  So this was a 20-10 contest only for us.  40 is usually a big =
band for us, but 2 q's is pretty sad :)  I figure add several hundred =
q's from 40 and several from 80m and you get a pretty respectable score. =
 Oh well... we're gonna have to work on the noise problem! =20
Not much action to EU... bands didn't open that well for us.  Missed UT =
and WY for WAS.=20
Thanks for all the q's, and see everyone in NAQP CW!
QSL Via NU4N
-Chris KL9A and Frank KL7FH
http://www.qsl.net/kl9a
kl9a@qsl.net

Antennas: TH7 @ 50 feet, 3 el full size wire 40m yagi, 80m dipole
RIG es Amp: TS-570DG and Heathkit Warrior=20