[3830] WPX CW TI5X(N0KE) SOAB QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] WPX CW TI5X(N0KE) SOAB QRP
From: pfkski@vail.net (pfkski@vail.net)
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2001 15:32:59 -0400 (EDT)
                     CQWW WPX - CW

Call: TI5X
Operator(s): N0KE
Station: TI5KD

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Costa Rica
Operating Time (hrs): 36

  160:      0
   80:      1
   40:     33
   20:    492
   15:    592
   10:    494
-------------------------------
Total:   1612 x    616  =  2,610,608

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters (Colorado)

Comments:

Thanks again to Keko Diez, TI5KD, for the use of his antenna farm and station.
Thanks to Sofia, TI5IY, for the food and drink during the contest. The new 2 el
40m quad with the top at 100 ft fixed at 20 degrees was a real killer. I only
operated with it for 30 minutes as TE1W (W8QZA) was doing 40m QRP from the same
station.
Condx a little slow the first day with a lot of S&P but on day 2 I was even
running most of the time and using using the WX0B  Stackmatch splitting the
mighty QRP signal between the 4 el quad on Europe and the KT34XA to the USA. I
had such a JA pileup on 20m that I had to operate split for a while Sunday at
0700z. Rig: TS-940-S @ 5 watts, 3 el quad 20m and 15m, 4 el quad 10m, KT34XA,
TA33Jr on SA, 5 el 15m on NA, 2 el 40m quad @ 20 degreesup 100 ft, full wave
loop 80m, WX0B Stackmatch.  QSL all TI5X QSOs to N0KE.