[3830] CQP K4UCF School HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP K4UCF School HP
From: kd4rwn@bellsouth.net (kd4rwn@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 19:50:27 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: K4UCF
Operator(s): KD4RWN
Station: K4UCF

Class: School  Power: HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 18:30

  160:
   80:
   40:       7        6
   20:      54       75
   15:      53      166
   10:      31       98
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     145      345       56  =  63,000

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

2nd Yr in a row doing CQP from K4UCF. Decided to go Mixed Mode instead of
SSB-only like last yr because of the scoring in this test. Score was up by a
good 60% - Q's up by 150. Participation seemed to be up in general.

This test is hard from FL. While 10 and 15 may be open during daylight - 20M is
really not. This fact cost me 1 of the two mults i missed. With the setup At
UCF - 160/80 is also not possible to CA - limited 40M work with our GAP
vertical.
15M was by far the best band  - Great Sigs and good rates while cqing.

As i said - Missed two Mults. DELN and GLEN. GLEN - missed the mobile that went
through on saturday. A friend in W7 found them on 20M  - Which was of course -
all but closed at that time to FL. DELN was the other. Never heard 1 cqing all
weekend and none found me while i was cqing. Seems i wasent alone on this mult.

Just a general Comment: As County Coordinator for the Florida Qso Party - I
made sure every one of our 67 Cty's had at least 2 stations planning to be in
them - Mobile,Fixed,Combo,Etc. The night before i was pleading with certain
mobiles and getting them to change their routes just so i knew for a fact we
had made this goal. This should be a standard Goal for any Qso Party with a
sufficent activity level to make it possible.

Congrats Go out to Chris-KL9A @ W7UQ. He did a Terrific job from there and
looks to have won the School category from the early returns. FB!

73

Ulysses Rodriguez - KD4RWN
President - University Of Central Florida ARC (K4UCF)
FQP - County Coordinator
Member: ARRL, FCG, WWYC # 77
kd4rwn@arrl.net