[3830] CQP K6LA SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQP K6LA SO HP
From: widelitz@gte.net (widelitz@gte.net)
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2001 20:21:23 -0400 (EDT)
                     California QSO Party

Call: K6LA
Operator(s):
Station:

Class: SO  Power: HP
QTH: LAX
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:       3        3
   80:      53       48
   40:     127      160
   20:     205      402
   15:     218      550
   10:     146      484
    6:
    2:
-----------------------------------
Total:     752     1647       58  =  321,900

Club: SCCC

Comments:

Hightlights: 3 different VY1 stations, finally finding WV!!! for the sweep at
14:04 Sunday morning, not feeling tired at all.

Lowlights: I forgot to plug in the fan in the closet behind the amps, so
although I turned the power strip on, air was not being pulled out of the
shelf/cabinet behind the amps and one amp kept tripping off. I didn't realize
the problem until the 5ht or 6th time. Also had some computer freezes. Not near
as good rates as last year, having the XYL tell me about the attacks on YA with
2 hours left in CQP and watching TV and being distracted at the end. I'll bet
the reason for the bad Sunday blahs was most of the casual crowd was watching
the news.

Conditions seemed good and bad almost at the same time. QSB on 10 & 15 was
extreme. 20 & 80 were VERY noisy, then very quiet.

Ken, K6LA