[3830] ARRL SS SSB K6LL SO HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL SS SSB K6LL SO HP
From: K6LL@juno.com (K6LL@juno.com)
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2001 00:23:17 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL Sweepstakes, SSB

Call: K6LL
Operator(s): K6LL
Station: K6LL

Class: SO HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:      0
   80:      0
   40:    247
   20:    380
   15:    441
   10:    887
-------------------------------
Total:   1955 x     80  =  312,800

Club: SCCC

Comments:

My first little venture into so2r ssb. I had it all set up at the start, but
wasn't too anxious to try it out. Then, on Sunday, I still hadn't worked vy1,
so I figured I should at least do some listening on the second radio. It worked
out right away, finding vy1vy? running on 21200. I worked a few others, maybe
30 on the second radio, but it didn't seem to help the rate that much. I was
always getting called by pw stations on the run radio that needed both ears and
some esp thrown in. so2r seemed to help if the rate on the run radio was <45 or
so, but even then, not much. The big payoff was not missing the mult. I'll work
on it some more in the NAQP ssb.

It's getting harder to break the top 10 these days with this ridiculous
backyard tribander at 48'. I keep threatening to do something about it, but
life is a balance.

Dave, K6LL