[3830] CQWW CW OH7M M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW OH7M M/S HP
From: oh4xx@sral.fi (oh4xx@sral.fi)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:16:28 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: OH7M
Operator(s): OH7MS,OH7MHL,OH6LNI,OH4XX
Station: OH7M

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OH7M
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:     51      7     42
   80:    206     16     71
   40:    382     33    110
   20:    877     39    127
   15:    777     36    127
   10:    547     36    134
-------------------------------
Total:   2840    167    611  =  4,650,884

Club/Team: CCF

Comments:

Ooopss..

Well this constest was not the funniest one. First 4 hours went OK and seem
that it was going to be good ride all the way. But then bands kind of died on
saturday morning and bands in this area were resting for good 15 hours or so.
No signals anywhere.. Actually I thought that the radio was broken when we
qsyed from 10 to 20. Strongest signal was S5 to 5 over 5 stack! Anything we
could work was south, south-east stations and no west at all. At Saturday, the
best prime for us we had abt 10 hours with no more than 200 qsos! We almost
pulled the plug and were close to quit but I guess we just love this stuff so
much so we continued and hoped that bands will recover,and they did! Sunday
bands were in good condition and we actually had fun to nail down those missed
mults. 1000 Qsos at 1st day and 1800 second.. =) I suppose if we could have
combined SSB part first and CW last day we would have had fun all the way.
Anyways as said Sunday really saved the contest and we are still into to
that...=) No major HW issues at this time. Thanks for QSOs and CU in next one!

73,

Mikko, OH4XX

Rigs:
FT1000MP*2 + amps