[3830] CQWW CW PA0JED(JAN) SOAB LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW PA0JED(JAN) SOAB LP
From: pa0jed@amsat.org (pa0jed@amsat.org)
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 09:19:06 -0500 (EST)
                     CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: PA0JED
Operator(s): JAN
Station: PA0JED

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: zevenaar
Operating Time (hrs): 30

  160:      0      0      0
   80:    157      7     39
   40:    212     13     52
   20:    205     19     57
   15:    250     18     61
   10:    287     24     70
-------------------------------
Total:   1110     81    279  =  750,240

Club/Team: LLCC

Comments:

Dear Fellow Contesters,

Despite everybody's trouble, The Aurora, I had a great contest. My best score
ever.
Used equipment barefoot IC-746 (100w) antenna's  high bands vertical dipole
made by Titanex  http://www.titanex.de  feed point at 10mtrs with open feeders.
Low bands  G5RV feed point at 8 mtrs .
Logging software TR.(great)
Shack 1,5 square meters! see the pic's at http://www.qsl.net/pa0jed, no
heating, so vy cold at nights 5 degs C, but no complaints had a lot of fun.

Biggest thrill's: working HC8N comming in on 7 mc/s with 599 plus 15dB on my
antenna,at 0739z (08.39 local).
Next thrill working K1TTT at 2100z (2200 local) on 3,5 mc/s must be abt 1500
local at K1TTT side.
Fine thrill: working several JA's on 7 mc/s, cq-ing and no pile-up, amazing.

Yes, should have worked more zones countries, but that's for next year.
Did hear more zones but the pile-ups were to big, did chose for making more
QSO's to compensate for the lost zone. Mostly checking later pile-ups smaller
and QSO's easier.
Last remark almost all QSO's made by S&P.
CU next test

73 jan