[3830] ARRL160 N2CU SO QRP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 N2CU SO QRP
From: n2cu@arrl.net (n2cu@arrl.net)
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2001 16:48:58 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: N2CU
Operator(s): N2CU
Station: N2CU

Class: SO QRP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:     349     46        0      =  32108

Club/Team: WNYDXA

Comments:

Hats off to all the good ears that could copy my 5W to a low dipole. Best ears
award to K6SE, my only left coast QSO (BTW, he had the best signal from there).
Sweaty jock strap award to all the droning 1.5kW CQ'ers who don't take a break
to listen for peanut whistle signals. When I hear them at S9+20dB, they've got
to hear me calling. After all, I did work a couple of stations in this contest.

Tried QRP for the first time in this contest. I'm just getting acquainted with
QRP and loving it! Quite a challenge, but felt pretty good about my score until
I saw N2WK's posted :( Now it's up to the log checkers!

Need a low angle antenna. Very few stations worked west of the Mississippi and
no DX although I heard KH6, ZF, CO and VP5.

FT1000MP 5W, 160/80/40m coaxial trap dipole @ 40', TR Log.