[3830] ARRL160 K2TOP M/S HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRL160 K2TOP M/S HP
From: n2nu@arrl.net (n2nu@arrl.net)
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2001 22:43:40 -0500 (EST)
                     ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K2TOP
Operator(s): WW2Y, N2NU, N2NC, K2WI, N2NT
Station: WW2Y

Class: M/S HP
QTH: SNJ (Princeton, NJ)
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:    1138     76       31      =  266,323

Club/Team: FRC

Comments:

Forgot how much of a grind this contest gets to be!  We had rates that ranged
from a high of 146/hour (hour 1) to 1/hr on Saturday early afternoon (I did
that hour and finished 2 crossword puzzles while pushing the button and
spinning the rx antenna switch).  Finally got to Peter and I and we shut the
radio down on Sunday morning after sunrise.

As many have said, US conditions seemed pretty good, and lots of stations were
out there to be worked, but conditions to Europe were weak, especially on
Saturday.  Band was slightly open at our sunset, but nil at European sunrise.

Thanks to Peter for the hospitality and getting the station together prior to
the contest.