[3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA SOSB/15 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB KL7RA SOSB/15 HP
From: kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov (kl7ra@blizzard.gcgo.nasa.gov)
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2002 10:37:03 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: KL7RA
Operator(s): KL7RA
Station: KL7RA

Class: SOSB/15 HP
QTH: non-North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15: 2661    58
   10:
-------------------
Total: 2661    58  Total Score = 447,354

Club:

Comments:

Setup SO2R and ready for a serious all band effort.
Started on 15 as USA was mostly gone on ten. Logged
over 1000 Q's after 4 hours on 15 but stayed too long on
the band as 20 was quite and 15 still "played". Decided
to try for a top ten finish, single band 15, because of
the good start and having to go to work Sunday a few
hours after the contest ends. I will be glad when I retire
Jan 1, 2003 and become a serious full time ham. Top ten
may be tough, however, as Europe was pounding into
USA for hours and they were running super rates. Best
I could do all night was just listen and wait for sunlight
and my turn in the battle. Every contest, always during
a busy run, we work Earl, who is 81 years old. Earl built
the Alaska highway and spends about 5 minutes adding
to the story each QSO. So far we are around mile post 137
of a 2000+ mile road. I hope we/Earl make it to the end.
73  Rich KL7RA