[3830] ARRLDX SSB N2NT SOAB HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] ARRLDX SSB N2NT SOAB HP
From: N2NT@COMCAST.NET (N2NT@COMCAST.NET)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 2002 06:06:27 -0800
                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB

Call: N2NT
Operator(s): N2NT
Station: N2NT

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: North Am
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Radios: SO2R

  160:   34    26
   80:  137    56
   40:  170    61
   20: 1160   113
   15:  811   112
   10: 1181    98
-------------------
Total: 3493   466  Total Score = 4,880,418

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Great conditions, even the low bands were good but nobody was there.

Felt like I was doing well up until Sunday morning, when my rate dropped like a
rock. Maybe just too tired from working a full day Friday and doing 48. But I
didn't feel that badly. Think I spent more time in frequency battles then
actually working stations. Enjoyed watching the slow scan pictures on 28680 for
a while until the guy told me to "**** off". 29.050 was sort of clear though.
Fun to hear the "techniques" used by some guys to defend the frequency.
ZF2MM is always classic, kind of a frequency lecture.
OH0B parked between KQ2M and me on 20 at one point,  and to his credit did not
give in to the "tactful pleading" to leave. Well, one of us was tactful. I asked
him politely to slide up a bit, and his response made me laugh... "Oh, no..I
have to deal with KQ2M if I do that!".
Well, I guess that's helps to win!
Thanks also to CT1AVR and ON5NT for showing up for skeds on 40 late in the
contest.

73, Andy