[3830] CQWW SSB W5VX SOAB(A) HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB W5VX SOAB(A) HP
From: w5vx@hiline.net (w5vx@hiline.net)
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2002 17:54:25 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: W5VX
Operator(s): W5VX
Station: W5VX

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 28

  160:    0     0        0
   80:   26     9       18
   40:   79    22       58
   20:  143    34      102
   15:  329    34      120
   10:  595    32      136
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

I'm not sure why I did this contest. I don't like phone contests, but I wanted
to try out my new antennas in a real contest. Only operated part time and
although I wanted to work some 80, the noise and conditions prevented that.
Storm turned my mast in the rotator enough so that I couldn't get around to long
path.

There were a few mults that I decided to forgo because of the lunacy.

Learned a couple of things that I had forgotten:

1. When operating split on 40, watch out for people on your transmit freq. Got
an e-mail from a guy telling me I bothered his net!

2. Brute force matters on phone!

This is the first contest that I have operated from my home in over twenty years
and it sure is nice to have my xyl show up occasionally to see how I'm doing and
bring something to eat or drink.

Now for SS CW.