[3830] CQWW SSB IG9A SOSB/20 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB IG9A SOSB/20 HP
From: fgrisafi@tin.it (fgrisafi@tin.it)
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:59:39 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: IG9A
Operator(s): IG9A
Station: IG9A

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: Lampedusa Isl.
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 3998    40      162
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Very hard work be4 the contest. It was very hard to erect the tower and antennas
because of local problems.
Many thanks to Angelo I2ADN, Marco IK0YVV and Silvia (IK0YVV's YL) for their
help.
I had to sleep two hours after contest start because had not time to rest before
the contest :-(Grrr!). Slept 3 hours only during all the contest period (from
friday morning to the end)... now I am at home with pain and
health problems (fever and herpes zoster). Need to renew IG9A contest ideas...
we need a "keys on hand" contest station instead of a "field day" contest site.
Result could have been much better with a "fresh operator", I think
I was not in good shape during sunday afternoon and I apologize with all those
DX that were not receiving an answer because of my mistakes in switching the
right RX antenna. Very good Writelog software worked well... all the
contest audio is recorded and I hadn't problems with software.
Propagation was very bad on sunday afternoon with some black out periods. Good
long path openings with JAs the first day. Some good north pole path QSOs and
distorted EU openings just after the black out hours on sunday.

African record beated... world record reachable with better op condx.

See you in the CW Contest !