[3830] SS SSB K4TMC Single Op LP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] SS SSB K4TMC Single Op LP
From: k4tmc@aol.com (k4tmc@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 19:29:32 -0800
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: K4TMC
Operator(s): K4TMC
Station: K4TMC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 12

------------
  160:    0
   80:   55
   40:   93
   20:  135
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, things did not go as planned.  The plan called for me to take off work
Friday and get the F12 C3SS mounted on one of the AB-577 mast systems and two
low dipoles up for 40 and 80.  On Thursday afternoon I found out that I would
have to be in Charlotte starting Monday, for the week.  Needless to say, I was
not prepared for this scenario.  So, I had to put in a full day Friday preparing
for the Charlotte trip.  I guess there is something to be said for having
permanent antennas up and ready!   Anyhow, managed to get a 100 ft. Inverted-L
up, in the rain, Saturday between the normal weekend errands.

The Inv-L worked well on 80 and 40, even managed to make a 42/hour run on 80
Saturday evening, and a 49/hour run on 40 Sunday morning.  I do not know how a
sane person can operate 40 Meters in the evenings!  The 20 Meter contacts were
all S&P.  An Inv.-L is not the best antenna for 20 during a contest.

The funniest moment was when I was asked to ?move up? toward a net?s frequency!
I was running on 3901 around 0230 when someone from Burlington came on and said
?please move up, you are bothering our net on 3904.  I asked if he really wanted
me to ?move up? and he said ?YES?.  When I explained that that did not make
sense, and why, he just said ?please move somewhere?.  So, I moved down to
3900.50 and continued my run.