[3830] CQWW CW NX5M SOSB(A)/160 HP

To: <3830@contesting.com>
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW NX5M SOSB(A)/160 HP
From: nx5m@arrl.net (nx5m@arrl.net)
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2002 22:43:45 -0800
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: NX5M
Operator(s): NX5M
Station: NX5M

Class: SOSB(A)/160 HP
QTH: TEXAS
Operating Time (hrs): 2

  160:  27     7        13
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total:  27     7        13  Total Score = 1,140

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

160 seemed pretty flat here in Texas.  Of course I did not stay up late to work
much.  At least my transmit antennas are still working although I seem to have a
dead 300 degree beverage.
Noticed I was picking up a beacon (BNH) on 1813 and although it was weak it was
still louder than PT5A who was also on the same frequency.  The originating
signal is down in the 300 khz part of the band (I wrote it down but it is still
out in the shack so I do not recall exactly what the frequency was).
I had thought I would make it into the shack the first night but I just never
did.  Figured sleep, after being deprived of it for about the last month, was
the best thing for me to concentrate my efforts on.  AND, now here I sit at 1am
Sunday morning making this post when I should be taking my own advice and be in
bed sleeping.  Not to worry, that will be the next thing I do after I finish
this!
My drive to contest has just not been there for the past several weeks due to
some medical issues within my family.  Sweepstakes qsos were 0 and now 27 in
CQWW.  Oh well, I hope things settle down and I will do my best to be full speed
for the ARRL 160 and 10 contests in December.